Board of Trustees
INMOST Board of Trustees
Introducing the Board of Trustees of the National Museum of Science and Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran:
The Board of Trustees is the highest policy and legal decision-making body of INMOST. The first independent board of trustees was introduced after the negotiations of INMOST chairman with the honorable minister of Science, Research, and Technology via letter No. 8738/15 dated 27/01/2009 and held its first meeting on 27/12/2008. During this meeting, it was decided to hold 2 meetings per year and if needed, other meetings will be held with the coordination of the secretary and the chairman of the board. This board has a specialized commission called the permanent commission and its duty is to review the agenda of the Board of Trustees meetings, which are held at least two times. INMOST board of trustees has held its meetings regularly since the beginning of its formation and its approvals are mentioned below.
Duties and authority:
- Approve Internal regulations
- Approve the museum administrative department based on the proposed criteria by the ministry and according to the Administrative and Recruitment Affairs Organization that will be approved by the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution.
- Study and approve the museum budget proposed by the museum chairman.
- Approve the museum’s detailed budget
- Approve the museum’s accounts and annual balance sheet
- Approve the special revenues collection method and their consumption
- Assign museum auditor and treasurer
- Efforts to attract private sector contributions and local revenues including cash, equipment, and construction in accordance with the rules approved by the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution.
- Approve the financial and transaction bylaws, that are applicable after the ministry confirmation.
- Suggest the amount of allowance position for academic and non-academic faculty members (experts, etc.), which is applicable after the Ministry approval
- Determine the amount of research fee, teaching fee, fee, author’s fee, etc.
- Study the museum report prepared by the museum chairman.
- Approve the faculty members’ employment regulations, which will be implemented after the Ministry approval.